The purpose of this privacy notice is to let users of atlan.co.nz (the ‘site’) know when we collect personal information and what we do with it.
We do not use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out in this notice, or as otherwise set out somewhere on the site (including in terms linking to the site).
Use of personal information
We will only use personal information provided to us for the purpose of:
- administering, evaluating and improving the site
- improving our services
- responding to your feedback and information provided in forms and surveys
- conducting user research if you registered to participate.
No need to disclose personal information – You can use the site without sharing any personal information.
Sharing your personal information
You may choose to share personal information with us when you:
- give feedback
- complete survey or feedback forms
- request more information and product/service support.
Do not send us sensitive personal information or include it in feedback forms or surveys.
Feedback you provide
Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve the site.
If you provide feedback by email, that feedback is sent to appropriate department. We may pass on relevant comments to other people within Atlan network who administer or contribute content to the site. This could include your email address and other identifying information that you have provided.
Storage and deletion of information
If you provide personal information, it is held securely by Atlan NZ.
It may be shared with other organisations in the Atlan network to the extent necessary for them to administer or work, or to work on special projects with us.
Email addresses are not made available to the public. Unless required by law, we will not disclose the names or email addresses of individuals who provide feedback to us or who provide us with submission forms without their consent.
User research information
Any personal identifying information gathered for user research is stored securely then deleted when the project is completed.
Statistical information and cookies
Statistical information collected
We use Google Universal Analytics to collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the site. This information is aggregated and does not identify you personally. It includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you visited on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) from which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system, for example Windows, MacOS
- the type of web browser you use, such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- other things like your screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above can be viewed by site administrators and certain other Atlan staff.
How Google uses data when you use their partners’ sites or apps
This site generates persistent session cookies (that is, they have an expiry date and are removed on that date) for the purpose of monitoring site usage.
The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.
Access and correct your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access and ask us to correct any personal information you have provided to us.
Contact us if:
- you would like to access or change your personal information Atlan NZ has stored
- you have any concerns regarding your privacy.